Sitting on a barstool, an old man once summed up his lifetime with women in this way. He said to me, “Boy, let me tell you. I’ve got it all figured out. See, I’ve been around. I’ve seen it all – or close enough. And I’ve been in some nicely sticky situations — hehehe — if you get my drift. I’ve been married and divorced. I’ve lived in sin a couple of times. And I’ve had temporary visitors with high expectations that were difficult to meet, but boy did I give it the good old college try.”
He chuckled and tapped me in the chest. “You just mark my words, boy. Mark my words. These will be the summary of your life with female interaction. Mark ‘em. Mark ‘em good, because one day, boy, you too will get tired of The Fucking Game.”
I asked him if I could take notes. He seemed honored that I would take down his wisdom on interfacing with the female of the species. I share it now with you, verbatim.
- Just because you want to, doesn’t mean you can.
- Just because you can, doesn’t mean you need to.
- Just because you need to, doesn’t mean you will.
- Just because you will, doesn’t mean it is accepted.
- Just because it’s accepted, doesn’t mean it’s best.
- Just because it’s best, doesn’t mean you want to.
Yeah. Never mess with an old man in a young man’s game.
Comments are always appreciated: GordonUnplugged@outlook.com
Excerpt from the third novel in The Dance Floor Wars series: Collisions